My working week is over at last, so let’s take a look at the books I’ve picked up over the course of it 🙂
From the library:
- Lily Vanilli’s Sweet Tooth – Lily Jones. There weren’t many recipes in this that jumped out at me, which was a bit disappointing as it looked like such a gorgeous book. I did photocopy a few recipes though, including ‘Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts’ and ‘Whiskey Salt Caramel Popcorn’. Yum!
- Dispatches – Michael Herr. I’ve had this on my to-be-read list for quite some time now and am already a chapter in.
- Black Orchid – Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean. Saw this randomly sitting on the shelf and grabbed it immediately. It’s absolutely beautiful and lyrical and all the things that Gaiman and McKean combine to be. Almost finished, and I don’t really want it to end.
- The Filth – Grant Morrison & Frank Quietly. I have an up and down relationship with both Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly but this looked promising so fingers crossed.
- Wool – Hugh Howey. I first picked this up in the library when it was released here in hardback. And I fucking loved it. I’m a big sci-fi fan but I’ve become quite picky in what I read over the years, so I was delighted to have this move straight into my top ten sci-fi novels of all time.
- Wings – Terry Pratchett. I own a hardback collected edition of The Bromelaid so I’m not sure yet if I’ll keep this edition. I must confess to being a cover whore though, so it’s more than likely that it will!
- Men at Arms – Terry Pratchett. See above, although it’s a paperback edition that I already own.
- The Evolutionary Void – Peter F. Hamilton. It was free and Hamilton has been recommended to me several times. Here’s hoping he’s worth the hype cause fuck is this a brick of a book.
(*My workplace regularly gets rid of books and I reap the benefits from time to time. Yay!)