Articles of Note
- Inspiration in Dark Times: Books to Make Sense of Brexit. Just in case you’d like to depress yourself a bit more.
- Frank Cho Walks Off Wonder Woman, Citing ‘Censorship’ and ‘Political Agendas’. My heart bleeds for him. Not. In a disagreement between Frank Cho and Greg Rucka, I’m siding with Rucka every time.
- Top 10 Books About the Iraq War. I highly recommend Imperial Life in the Emerald City, but I was a bit underwhelmed by The Yellow Birds.
- Amazon without Amazon: One-Hour Book Delivery Service Launched. Love the sound of this. Here’s hoping it comes to Glasgow soon.
- Illustrating Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere – In Pictures. <3 <3 <3
- The Best Books for Summer 2016. So many books, so little time.
- Altered Carbon Series From Laeta Kalogridis Ordered by Netflix. I DON’T KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS BUT NETFLIX ARE ADAPTING ALTERED CARBON BY RICHARD MORGAN AND THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!
- Food in Books: Raspberry Cordial From Anne of Green Gables. I’d rather the recipe for Marilla’s currant wine, but this’ll do, I suppose 😉
- Roasted Vegetable Cannelloni. I hosted a family dinner last week, not realising that my brother-in-law was a vegetarian. Ooops. I’m keeping this recipe aside for next time!
- Raspberry Rose Wine Cupcakes. I actually made these yesterday for my Great Aunt’s 80th birthday and they were delicious. Plus, the frosting was a beautiful bright pink so they looked super cheerful.