Added To My Wishlist
- Heir to the Sky – Amanda Sun. A YA fantasy with a wonderful cover that won me over immediately. I read Ink by Amanda Sun a few years ago and quite enjoyed it, so I’m hopeful for this one.
- Every Anxious Wave – Mo Daviau. A bartender finds a wormhole in his wardrobe and ‘cosmic fuckery’ ensues. Sold!
- Version Control – Dexter Palmer. More sci-fi but this one has causality violations devices (time machines!) rather than wormholes.
- All the Birds in the Sky – Charlie Jane Anders. Time-machines (there’s a bit of a theme to this list of books) and a school for magic? Sounds like an intriguing combination.
- Anatomy of a Soldier – Harry Parker. The story is told from the point of view of forty-five objects which could either be amazing or tiresome.
Articles of Note
- Jess Phillips on International Women’s Day. On International Women’s Day, an MP stood up in parliament and read out the name of every woman killed by men in the last year. There were 120 names. 120.
- Remembering Jeff Buckley. Jeff Buckley was a guitar tech for The Commitments which is how he met Glen Hansard. My mind was blown by this information.
- 22 Leprechaun-Approved St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas. I don’t understand the American view of St. Patrick’s Day. To me as an Irish person, it is utterly, utterly baffling. Like why do they insist on saying St. Patty’s Day (a thing no Irish person would ever say), and why are they obsessed with four-leaf clovers (St. Patrick is associate with shamrocks)?
- This company is advertising plus-sized shorts in the most ridiculous way. Ugh. So disrespectful and such a dick move.
- How the World’s Most Beautiful Typeface Was Nearly Lost Forever & London to the Letter. True story: if a book has a little section of the font used , I love that book a little bit more.
- Garlic Cheese Fries. These are either going to awful or amazing (the phrase ‘thin cheesy texture’ doesn’t inspire much confidence).
- Grilled Cheese with Gouda, Roasted Mushrooms and Onions. Om nom nom.
- The Best Lemon Lime Cream Tart. I’m a huge fan of citrus so this is hitting all my buttons.