Added to Wishlist
I only had one book to add to this section (whaaaat?) until I caught up with all the blogs I follow and things escalated like always. Presented without comment because, frankly, I didn’t expect to have to present them at all.
- The Gospel According to Blindboy – Blindboy Boatclub.
- The Silent Companions – Laura Purcell.
- The Apprentice Witch – James Nicol.
- Semiosis – Sue Burke.
Articles of Note
- Amazon Orders a TV Adaptation of Greg Rucka and Michael Lark’s Lazarus. YAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!! Are you reading Lazarus? You should be.
- 5 Ways to Break Out of Your Reading Comfort Zone. Good advice, but there are so many things in my comfort zone that I want to read that I’m not sure I have room for anything else…
- Holy $%@! The First Episode of Happy! is Bonkers, Brutal and Brilliant. I went into the comic version of this with low expectations that were blown right out of the water, so I can’t wait to see how the TV adaptation handles the utter madness that is Happy!
- Michael B. Jordan to Exec. Produce, Appear in Netflix Superhero Series. The comic this project is based on has only popped up on my radar recently, but it looks like a stellar read so I’m not surprised to see it picked up for TV.
- 24 Celebrities Who Wrote Autobiographies About Their Mental Health. I have almost picked up Susan Calman’s book so many times. I really need to give in to the urge to read it.
- With Broomstick in Hand: 40 Books Starring Mighty Witches & Ghosts, Witches and Monsters, Oh My! 35 Mighty Girl Books for Halloween. Do you know, I’ve never read beyond the first Worst Witch book and I have no idea why because it’s ace.
- Stop Calling Women Nags – How Emotional Labour is Dragging Down Gender Equality. “That’s the point,” I said, now in tears, “I don’t want to have to ask.” Preach.