I’ve managed to fix a lot of the things I messed up last week – just the social media buttons to go.
Added to my Wishlist
- Hex – Thomas Olde Heuvelt. This sounds like a deliciously creepy read and I love a good one of those from time to time.
- Under the Light – Laura Whitcomb. I had no idea that there was a sequel to A Certain Slant of Light until I stumbled upon it at random online. I haven’t read many ghost stories that I really, really enjoyed, but A Certain Slant of Light was an exception, so I’m hoping Under the Light will be too.
- The Library at Mount Char – Scott Hawkins. I’m not keen on the mention of Joe Hill in the Goodreads description for this, but other than that it sounds like a mindfuck of a book and I am totally up for that.
- You Deserve a Drink – Mamrie Hart. Sometimes I don’t want a mindfuck of a read though, I want a hilariously sozzled one.
Articles of Note
- Better on Netflix: Which Failed Sci-Fi and Fantasy Epics Deserve to Stream Again? Definitely Dredd, I have everything possible crossed that they can make that happen.
- 5 Horrifying Realities of the Harry Potter Government. Look, I like the Harry Potter universe, but let’s face it, when you look at it closely, it doesn’t really hang together particularly well.
- Is Reading eBooks Really Worse for Your Brain Than Paperbacks? I really only use my Kindle when I’m travelling and I’ve never enjoyed it as much as reading from an actual book. I never really thought that I was reading them differently though, but science disagrees.
- ‘A Born Natural Orator’: Irish Student’s Account of Hitler in 1921 Emerges. Interesting that the content of his speeches changed so little over a nine year period.
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich. Minus the pickle, this looks so good.
- Ladies Hat Pinata Cookies. I’m a bit obsessed with pinata cookies at the moment, and these are so clever. Using cake pop moulds opens up a world of possibilities.
- Three Cheese Baked Ziti. Can you ever have too many recipes with cheese as their main ingredient?