I am actually in Cardiff right now, hopefully drinking at least a little, but through the magic of scheduling, here’s a short but sweet weekly miscellany post. Hurrah!
Added to Wishlist
- Through the Woods – Emily Carroll. An excellent cover and creepy-sounding stories.
- Unlikely Rebels: The Gifford Girls and the Fight for Irish Freedom – Anne Clare. A non-fiction account of the Gifford sisters, who were all involved in Irish nationalism to one extent or another, despite their Royalist upbringing.
- Foxlowe – Eleanor Wasserberg. I don’t even remember how I came across this but it sounds like an unsettling read where nothing will be as it seems.
Articles of Note
- The Woman at the Wheel – Archive. As of 1914, lady drivers are here to stay, people 😀
- Great Travel Writing by Women. An intriguingly diverse list of travelogues from the Scottish Book Trust.
- Neil Gaiman on his TV Invasion: ‘It Was Terry Pratchett’s Last Request’. An oddly misleading title, but an interesting article.
- Canadian Ambassador Tackles 1916 Event Protester. An utterly tasteless protest. Luckily, Canadians are ever vigilant!