We’re not going to talk about the referendum, because it makes me too fucking angry, so let’s proceed as if everything is all sunshine and roses, shall we?
Added to Wishlist
- Neverwhere – Neil Gaiman & Chris Riddell. As much as I love Chris Riddell’s illustrations, I’m wary about this one. Just from the cover, Richard Mayhew looks like a preteen rather than an adult, which is a bit of a problem. Still, this will be gorgeous so I’ll still pick it up. I’m such a slave to pretty things 😉
- How to Talk to Girls at Parties – Neil Gaiman, Fabio Moon & Gabriel Ba. Yes please to a graphic novel adaptation of Gaiman’s short story.
- Jessica Jones: Alias, Volume 4 – Brian Michael Bendis & Michael Gaydos. After years of wanting to read them, I finally got my hands on the first three volumes of Alias this week. And now I NEED the last one!
- The Thing Itself – Adam Roberts. I’m pretty much up for anything that features a group of isolated scientists because something always end up going deliciously wrong.
Articles of Note
- Enid Blyton Book Illustrations Through the Ages – In Pictures. I would have preferred this to show all the covers for one or two titles instead of being so widely spread across titles, but I love things that look at the evolution of book covers over time so this is pretty much a win.
- Can You Beat Ross’s Quiz in Friends? Could you have won Monica’s apartment? 😀
- Emoji Are Causing Major Controversy For The Way They Depict Women. Read quite a bit about this lately and it’s not cool, Emoji, not cool at all.
- Ghost in the Shell Producer Looks to Adapt Lone Wolf and Cub With an “Essentially Japanese Cast”. This makes me EXTREMELY nervous.
- Why Stuntwomen Are In More Danger Than Men. This is something that I’d genuinely never though about before.
- Neil Gaiman Delves Deep Into Norse Myths For New Book. Golly, Gaiman certainly is a busy bee these days, isn’t he?
- 15 Bits of Graffiti That Prove Irish People Are Sound Out. Number two made me laugh out loud. It also features an old British postbox that we just painted green when we got our independence, for all you history buffs out there.
- #WeAreHere: Somme Tribute Revealed as Jeremy Deller Work. In a way, I’m glad I wasn’t in Glasgow itself on Friday because this would have freaked me out. A thoughtful and moving tribute to those killed during the Battle of the Somme.
- Rita Ora Being Lined Up For Tyra’s Top Model Job. What??
- Popsicle Week. Over a hundred recipes for delicious, delicious ice lollies. Just in case the sun ever comes out again.
- Blackberry Basil Buttercream. <3 <3 <3
- Blueberry Jam Scones. I’ve never seen jam folded right into the scones themselves before so this is a bit exciting for me!
- Grilled 3-Cheese Sweet Pepper Poppers. Cheese makes everything better. True story.
- Spicy Blueberry and Pear Jam. Love this combination.
- Cherry Chocolate Cream Cake. An alliterative match made in heaven.
Watching: WTF is Brexit?
Okay, one thing about the referendum then.
Listening: The Gloaming – The Gloaming
I decided to come of some of my anti-anxiety medication recently, and my head has been fit to burst ever since. This has been the perfect music. I must remember to pick up their second album.