I really need to stop browsing the ‘currentlyreading’ tag on Instagram because I keep stumbling across excellent-looking books that I really want to read, and my TBR list is already ridiculous…
Added to Wishlist
- Vigil – Angela Slatter. This has been described as a dark fantasy crime thriller, which sounds a-okay to me. Plus, it’s set in Australia which should make a nice change.
- The Casquette Girls – Alys Arden. A YA paranormal thriller set in New Orleans. Although it sounds good, it was mainly the cover that made me add this to the list. So pretty!
- Vinyl – Sophia Elaine Hanson. Another beautiful cover, though in a very different way. I’m not usually a fan of a cover that’s basically just a girl’s face, but this one is arresting. It also sounds like an interesting spin on the YA dystopia genre.
- Darkmere – Helen Maslin. I don’t read enough ghost stories, and I really don’t know why.
- Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things – Martina McAtee. Such a good cover! And some supernatural shenanigans too, so that sounds good.
- Afterimage – J. Kowallis. This sounds like a dark, dark dystopia, which is saying something given how dark dystopia’s usually are anyway.
- Be With You – Takuji Ichikawa. A Japanese take on a loved one coming back from the dead, but in a non-zombie type of way from what I can gather.
- Fairytales for Wilde Girls – Allyse Near. Dark fairytales? Yes, please.
Articles of Note
- Mark Millar Asks Readers to Follow His New Superhero With #OneGoodDeed. A lovely idea, but the notable part of this article is that it links to a free, online copy of the first issue of Huck.
- Terry Pratchett’s Wee Free Men Film in Development. Yay!!! God, I hope the accents are good.
- Could This Wonder Woman Trailer BE Any More Awesome? I wasn’t expecting much from this, but it actually looks pretty decent. Here’s hoping, anyway.
- Bow Down For the First American Gods Trailer. This looks AMAZING.
- Every New Trailer You Might Have Missed From Comic-Con. I remain cautiously optimistic about Suicide Squad, I’m confused about why they’ve made a new King Kong movie, Doctor Strange looks surprisingly good, Lego Batman is still one of the best things ever, and I’m intrigued by Legion despite not being a fan of the character in the comics.
- 10 Important Moments You Might Have Missed From Comic Con 2016. JASON MOMOA!!!! I look forward to the supercut of the Justice League movie with just Aquaman’s scenes. That’ll be ace.
- How to De-Objectify Women in Comics: A Guide. It’s really not that hard, as it turns out.
- 65 Great YA Horror Reads by Women. I’ve only read four of these, so I have some catching up to do.
- Malteser Cupcakes. Yummy.
- Mimosa Cubes. In an alternate universe where I am the hostess with the mostess, serving my guests champagne, this is how they’ll be getting it.
- French 75 Popsicles. And then we’ll have these for desert.
- Peach Mules. If I use alcoholic ginger beer, that’s just an extra yay, right?
- Gin Moscow Mule. Because I like gin more than vodka, though either will do in a pinch.
- Fresh Peach Daiquiri. I’ll take some rum if it’s on the go too.
- Pineapple Peach Agua Fresca. I think we can all tell after the last few recipes that I’ll be putting alcohol in this even though it doesn’t call for it.
- Passionfruit Raspberry Marshmallows. These sound amazing. I’m a bit afraid to make marshmallows, but these would make it absolutely worth the hassle.
- Mint Aero Rocky Road. Because we all need more Mint Aero in our life.