Added to Wishlist
- ODY-C, Volume 2: Sons of the Wolf – Matt Fraction and Christian Ward. My mini-review of the first volume of this hasn’t gone live yet, but I am so excited for the continuation of ODY-C!
- A Die Hard Christmas – Doogie Horner and JJ Harrison. I’ve been missing this my whole life and I didn’t even know it.
- Emil and the Detectives – Erich Kästner. I’ve seen this book referred to in so many different places but I’ve never seen a copy IRL. Time to change that.
- Only Human – Sylvain Neuvel. No UK cover yet but I’m already counting down the days until the last part of this inventive trilogy.
- Her Body and Other Parties – Carmen Maria Machado. Go read the blurb because this looks weird and wonderful in the best possible way.
- The Diary of a Bookseller – Shaun Bythell. I’ve lived in Scotland for over ten years and I’ve never been to Wigtown. Bookworm fail!
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe – Lauren James. I wrote a post last year called Isolated in Space and this book seems to fit that category perfectly <3
- Moonshine – Jasmine Gower. LOOK AT THAT COVER.
Articles of Note
- Rainbow Rowell Attracts New Readers to Comics With Her Take on Marvel’s Runaways. With the TV adaptation on the way, I suppose it’s not surprising that Marvel have resurrected Runaways. What is surprising is how excited I am ;D The news has prompted me to finally set up a pull list at the comic shop again.
- 13 Thoroughly Random Celebrity Cookbooks That Exist. I saw the Coolio one in a library once and laughed my head off.
- In a Heartbeat, an Animated Short About a Gay Boy’s Crush Will Warm Your Heart. <3 <3 <3
- 20+ People Who Discovered Their Art History Dopplegangers at Museums. Love this!
- Museum in Japan Has a Collection of 1,700 Rocks That Look Like Human Faces. Also this 😀
- 25 Books by Women Authors to Read Before 2017 is Out. An excellent list that’s a response to a male critic basically being too lazy to discover books written by women all by himself.
- Authors Voice Fury at Russian Publisher Cutting Gay Scene From Novel. FFS.
- Huli Huli Chicken. Can you say ‘yum’??
- Wagon Wheel Brownies. My mouth is watering looking at the pictures in this. I need a jam wagon wheel in my hand immediately.
- Rhubarb Gin. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Percy Pig On The Beach Cocktail. Okay, so this involves making Percy Pig-flavoured vodka and I am all about the genius of that idea.
- Apple Crumble Cupcakes. I want to make 80% of the recipes I see on this site which is amazing but tiring.